You can now refer yourself to physiotherapy without visiting your doctor first.
How do you do this?
You simply complete this referral form and then print it off and send it to the address below or take it into the Physiotherapy Department at Whiston, St Helens or Newton Hospital.
Hours of opening Monday - Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm.
Who is eligible?
- Anyone with neck back or other joint symptoms. These may include discomfort or pain in joints or muscles.
- Joint or muscle injuries such as an ankle sprain.
- Flare ups of osteoarthritis.
- This service is only available for people aged 18 and over.
What happens once the form has been received by us?
- Your referral form will be looked at by one of the physiotherapists within 3 working days and we will decide whether we may be able to help your condition.
- If we think we can help we will book you into a clinic for an initial assessment.
- If we are unable to help you we will contact you either by telephone or post and advise that you visit your GP for treatment.
How long will I wait to hear from you?
- We plan to deal with your referral form within 2 weeks.
- If you have not heard anything after 2 weeks of sending your referral form, please contact us and we will chase this up for you.
Please return to:
MCAS First Appointments (Ground Floor)
Lowe House Health Care Resource Centre
103 Crab Street
0151 430 1060
Telephone Opening Times:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
Wednesday 12:30pm to 5:00pm